Monday 7 April 2014

Mama has so much to say: Social Media problems

Hi everyone!

Last week I joined instagram and found myself on Twitter more than before!

I know I'm late to the party, but the party don't start 'til I walk in!

Ok, so now I find myself further distracted as I now have to update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and this blog! At this rate, I'll need to schedule my scarce and precious internet time to cover all bases!

The only question I pose is why so much social media? I admit to being an addict, but I fear it takes away precious time, or at least can distract from things a person needs to do in 'real life'.

I put Seb first and we go out every single day for him to get fresh air by doing a 'fun' (and mostly free) activity. However, because of Instagram, I've chastised myself when we've gone out and i've left my tablet at home and missed out on precious 'camera time'. It's almost like being in your own reality show and having to pre-plan when and where you will shoot!

I have no real interest in becoming a 'reality tv personality', but I know that each blog post needs some engaging photos.

I guess what this ramble is getting to is : how much is enough? How much do we have to share in order to be relatable or at least understood? Is it a problem when you think about Instagraming a 'special' moment instead of just living it? Even Queen Bee, Beyonce, demanded at one of her concerts for the crowd to put their filming devices down and just feel.

What do you think?
Does social media take away from living an experience or enhance it?
As a parent, do you feel that spending time online takes away from spending time with your beloved kids?

Anyhoo, I enjoy writing and hope that my little Mumsy tidbits help at least someone reading

Love Mama,

zenafashionstalker.tumblr.com
Instagram: zenafash1
Twitter: @zenafashstalker

Sowwie ^^^^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment